Is the vampire facial treatment as miraculous as they say it is?
Facials help the skin look healthier and plumper. One of the most popular facials in trend is the Vampire Facial. It is also commonly referred to as a PRP facial or therapy. Instead of chemicals and exfoliants, this facial makes use of the patient’s blood to restore their youthful glow.
What Is A Vampire Facial?
- A Vampire Facial is a beautification treatment that uses the enriched blood of the patient to treat the skin. The use of blood is what gives it the ‘Vampire’ name. This treatment enhances collagen production, boosts elasticity, and makes the skin glow.
Why Do People Get A Vampire Facial Done?
There are a lot of reasons why people opt for a vampire facial treatment. Some of which are:
- It helps tackle pigmentation issues like dark spots
- It is an effective treatment for sunburnt skin
- It can help reverse the signs of aging
- It can heal scars from past wounds and damage
Although many people get the treatment done simply to give extra life to their skin and restore their former youthful glow. Certain factors make people an ideal candidate for the vampire facial treatment.
The Steps For Performing A Vampire Facial
A vampire facial may look intimidating, but the steps to performing it are fairly simple. Here’s how it’s done:
Collection of Blood
- The first step is to collect blood from a part of the body such as the arms. It starts like collecting blood for a simple blood test. In most cases, anywhere from 5-15ml of blood is drawn out and put inside a vile. The vile is then sealed and moved to the next step.
- In the next step, the vile is placed in a centrifuge machine. Within 15 minutes, the centrifuge separates the platelets from the water in the blood. This also activates the platelets and enhances their regeneration and healing properties. Many refer to this as liquid gold, and it can be put through the machine again to achieve a higher concentration if needed.
Microneedling The Skin
- Whilst the blood is being concentrated, the skin of the patient is being treated with micro-needling. First, the skin is cleansed and numbed to prevent any pain. Then a micro-needling machine makes tiny holes 2mm deep in the areas that need to be treated. This process causes the skin to swell up but it allows better rejuvenation of the skin cells.
Reinjection Of Blood
- Now comes the vampire part, the concentrated blood is applied to the surface that was previously micro-needled. It is spread as a layer and then worked into by a micro-needling surface again. This helps activate the stem cells in the skin to trick them into regeneration. Therefore, it makes the skin healthier and brings about a youthful glow.
Taking Care Of The Skin Post-Procedure
- One of the most important parts of the procedure is the healing process after you get the treatment done. It is common to experience scabbing or flaky skin and in some cases bruising as well. These issues may subside 10 days after the procedure and it is advised to be gentle with the skin during this time. Avoid harsh products or exfoliation and refrain from using scented products on the skin.
At Missoula Wellness and Medispa, we offer PRP treatment and Vampire Facials for collagen production in the skin and give it a new glow. To book an appointment for a consultation with a professional or to attain any of our services, contact Missoula Wellness and Medispa. We offer services in Missoula, MT, and surrounding areas. Call us at 406-549-6600 or check our website for more information.